Thursday, May 25, 2006

Is this ridiculous or is this ridiculous? For over a month now I've been trying to ring my manager at work to tell her I want to return to work after being on maternity leave for 1 year at the end of July, but she's been on holiday for over 2 weeks, and then off sick for over 2 weeks (lame, very lame dear)... she's still not back, and no one else seems to be dealing with this sort of thing. Not sure what to do or who to ring... her boss never picks up the phone, and human resources probably can't help either as they don't do the rotas or anything. Bugger.

Went to Muswell Hill yesterday and fell in love with the place, it's beautiful. Have definitely added it to the list of potential areas to buy a house, which we are hoping to do by the end of this year. We must escape evil Essex, we must!

6 Comments:

At 3:58 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh no, that's horrible. I am not looking forward to going back in November (at least that's a lot farther away than July!) but come on, to be away from work for a month! And I always thought Muswell Hill was a really expensive area?

 
At 4:57 pm, Blogger michelle said...

ha! yes it can be expensive, but parts of it are more affordable than others, but probably not as nice... that's the way it goes isn;t it?! what job did you do before?

 
At 7:27 pm, Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Ah... hello...haven't popped by for ages. You have been busy!

Re the going back to work thing - I'd write a letter stating the date you want to return, and send it recorded delivery. Ask them to confirm the arrangements for your return and who you should report to on your named date, in writing. Keep it short and formal and address it to the Head of HR.

You then have a definite written record (and legally I think you have to put your return to work date in writing anyway).

Good luck!

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger H said...

I'd write to them. Don't wait for the boss.

Well I'm taking a punt on Muswell Hill. I can only afford a small patch behing a tower block but it will be mine, well the banks and then in 35 years mine.

Goodluck with it. You can pop in for tea if/when it all goes through if you'd like to.

 
At 10:18 am, Blogger michelle said...

hmm we might have to abandon muswell hill in favour of hendon / finchley... to get baby E in the good school sin muswell hill, you have to live on the doorstep, but they are the expensive houses... so might have to look elsewhere aargh!

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

I was a supervisor in a bookstore. I adored my job! But when I go back to work, I won't go back..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home