Monday, May 15, 2006

Greetings!

God, why is it that whenever I come up to Newcastle it's always freezing here and positively tropical in London? Typical. Flying with the Little One was not as bad as expected. In fact she was really rather good, let's hope she remains so for the holiday in July. She took her first crawling steps today, aww!

After finishing the brilliant Zadie Smith book, on her recommendation of E.M.Forster in the introduction, I'm now reading A Passage to India. It was quite slow to begin with, but now I'm about 100 pages in, it's gettign more interesting. Funnily enough, he does write a little like Ms Smith, or rather she writes a little like him. Probably not a book I'd have picked up otherwise, so thanks Z.S. for the recommendation.

3 Comments:

At 10:09 am, Blogger Michelle said...

I keep meaning to read A Passage to India. It sits on my 'to be read' shelf and stares at me. I'll think I'll give it a go later on in the month..

 
At 2:05 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

And SNAP! Boy took his first crawling steps today :)

 
At 8:31 pm, Blogger michelle said...

wow he's starting early! mine is just over 8 months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home