Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wednesday's child is full of woe

Well, the interview went well, only I got foxed by a couple of questions about working with teenagers (erm as I've not ever done it before)... so I didn;t get the job, but they gave me very good feedback plus some handy hints about future jobs that are coming out soon. Oh well....

In other news: I've really been getting in to bread-making in the past few weeks. Not with a machine, I might add, by hand, with a bit of elbow grease and some serious arm-ache. The best one yet was sun-dried tomatoes and olive bread. Mostly I just make plain white loaves though, and they are really tasty. It's not even that difficult, just a bit time-consuming.

Am on the Kellog's Diet again... haven't put on any more weight or anything, but just want to shift that last stubborn half a stone so's I can get back into all my old trousers again... it's all round the middle after you have a baby... Anyway, today's day 2 on it and it's going ok so far. Just as well I like cereal then.

How annoyed was I to discover at the weekend that The Bank have cancelled my debit card without telling me? I recently changed my name over to the married one (a little late in coming, I know), and they stop my card before they've sdent me a new one. What is the world coming to?

5 Comments:

At 1:47 pm, Blogger peter said...

Try frying a handful of walnuts in butter then chucking them in your bread mixture with a big handful of parmesan.

 
At 3:48 pm, Anonymous KW said...

Ahhh. I had just the same problem with my bank after getting married - it sucks, don't it? I succeeded in getting £80 compensation out of them though, as they hadn't warned me that my card would be cancelled, and effectively locked me out of my own account for a week! Maybe you could try that too? The compensation route, that is, not the getting-locked-out bit... Um, am rambling now. :)

 
At 10:17 am, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh wow, your bread sounds lovely! And by hand, I'm seriously impressed. I've been debating whether or not to try to the Kelloggs diet as well (to get rid of the spare tire after my son was born) but I keep putting it off.. good luck to you though!

 
At 6:32 pm, Blogger michelle said...

mmm i'm liking the walnuts and parmesan idea already!

 
At 1:35 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Hiya :) My little boy is just about 5 months old and just loves to roll over and cause mischief :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home