Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Life: The Update

* The flu is finally starting to go.
* The bloody cookery book still isn't here, despite the fact it was 'dispatched' on the 7th, but, I'm promised, will be here tomorrow. Right.
* Baby E is trying to crawl, but she can't get her legs into the right position just yet. Don't think it'll be long though.
* Am almost finished Shalimar The Clown by Salman Rushdie. And very good it is too. What to read next?
* Tonight am going to cook hubby a Turkish lamb stew with an aubergine sauce, and a rice pilaf. Obviously I won't be eating the lamb bit, but the rest sounds tasty [from Arabesque].
* Also on a foody note, I found the most scrummy jam in Sainsburys: it's a Taste The Difference (ie a smidge pricey) fig and orange-blossom jam. Yum.
* Have lost 5lbs on the Kellogs diet in the last 2 weeks. That means I am only 2lbs over what I was when I got pregnant (I've lost just under 3 and a half stones), although to be fair I could do with losing another half a stone. But yay anyway! Now all I need is a bit of motivation to do some exercise other than walking with the pushchair...
* Next on the 'to-buy' list is a pasta machine, only £15 in Argos, but why has it taken me so long to realise I should have one?
* Perhaps if I didn't like food + cooking so much I might find it easier to lose weight? Pah, where's the fun in that?!

4 Comments:

At 3:43 pm, Anonymous KW said...

Oh so jealous! Weight loss like that should be very, very commended.

How d'you do it? No, really - how? Enquiring minds must know... :)

 
At 10:05 am, Blogger H said...

well done on the weight loss, that is fantastic. I think I put on about half a stone of chocolate over Easter. x

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger michelle said...

I haven't been very strict with the 'diet' thing to be honest. I've just been cutting down on cheese (which I love) and have done that kellog's thing twice (2 lots of 2 weeks) which seems to work for me as you don't have to think about it too much, no counting or anything. I have done a bit of exercise here and there but again nothing consistent, so not sure if there's any magic secret. I still like butter in my food (especially couscous) but have been trying to cut down in other areas...not sure how to lose the last half a stone, perhaps I'll just do the kellogs thing again in a couple of weeks' time (it's a bit boring tho!).

 
At 8:08 pm, Blogger peter said...

Good tip on the jam...ta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home