Tuesday, January 17, 2006

G.I. Jane

Well, after my successful 2 weeks on the Kellog's diet, I lost half a stone. As you're onyl supposed to do it for a fortnight, I've moved over to the GI Diet. Not a punishing military regime, but a healthy way of eating based on the length of time it takes your body to digest certain foods. Having started yesterday, I must admit I feel pretty good, and not hungry all the time a la Special K fest. I was a tad miffed when I weighed out my portion of pasta (only 40g dry weight), when before I would have eaten about 5 times that amount. But I didn't feel hungry afterwards, must've been the beans + veg. Had a massive breakfast this morning (out of the book!) of porridge with skimmed milk, a small muller-light, blueberries and a small apple all mixed in. Was very tasty and hard to believe it was low fat! I think I'm going to like the GI thing...

3 Comments:

At 3:18 pm, Blogger H said...

well done on the weight loss, I don't do any particular diet religiously and it works for me at the moment. It isn't easy though. Last night I really wanted a big plate of chips.

 
At 5:57 pm, Blogger michelle said...

mmm chips.....

 
At 9:37 am, Anonymous Keris said...

Ooh, well done. The GI diet is great and very easy, I think. Just cutting out the carbs at dinner time seems to work pretty well for me ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home