Friday, January 13, 2006

After the frenzy that was NaNoWriMo, I've now started the hideous task of editing the stuff I wrote. It's pretty painful, but thanks to some kind comments on my work, I have a better idea of where I'm going with it. And I'm only on the first chapter. Gah! I have to say it's much more difficult to make something sound good rather than to just get it down on the page. I always thought the hardest part woul dbe to write the first draft, but I think I might have been wrong. And it's amazing how you don't notice some really obvious mistakes when reading it through on the screen (rather than on the printed page).

The weight-loss thing is still going well, have lost another couple of pounds I think, although am saving the big weigh-in for Sunday (the 2 week mark)...

Some comment on the Whitbread prize list + winner.

Does it matter that James Frey has said he made up some bits of his supposed drug-addiction memoir?

3 Comments:

At 10:58 am, Anonymous Keris said...

God, no. I think the first draft is the easiest by far.

Which is why My OK! Life is now shorter than it was at the end of NaNoWriMo!!

Good luck!

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger michelle said...

shorter?! aargh! i was hoping to have MORE words... only have 50k now!

 
At 6:43 am, Blogger Long Island Guide said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home