Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Happy 500

This is the 500th post on this blog. Have I really taken up your time with 500 episodes of random burblings and nonsense? I do apologise.

Yet another book review (well, I am on maternity leave, what else d'you expect me to do?!): this time, "The Secrets of The Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg. Obviously I won't know the true value of having read this book for another few weeks / months, but suffice to say there are some really good ideas in there, and some I'll definitely be putting in to practice very soon. She's keen on routines for babies, but not of the timetabled clock-watching type (a la Gina Ford), more 'flexible routines', which definitely appeals to me. The approach is nice because it's very respectful of the baby, something which seems to be lacking in some parents' households (ie. those of the Trisha-generation). A great book, but like I say, I'll know how useful it is in a few weeks' time!







Your Birthdate: October 20

Your birth on the 20th day of the month adds a degree of emotion, sensitivity, and intuition to your reading.

The 2 energy provided here is very social, allowing you to make friends easily and quickly.

Yet you are apt to have a rather nervous air in the company of a large group.



You have a warmhearted nature and emotional understanding that constantly seeks affection.

You are very prone to become depressed and moody, as emotions can turn inward and cause anxiety and mental turmoil.

It can be hard for you to bounce back to reality when depression sets in.

When things are going well, you can go just as far the other way and become extremely affectionate.


[via Pete]

4 Comments:

At 1:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...happy 500th :^)...

billy

 
At 1:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:25 pm, Anonymous Alan said...

Sorry, a little late but congratulations on your quincentennial post. (Hey, it's a real word and everything. I looked it up!)

 
At 8:26 am, Anonymous Keris said...

I found The Baby Whisperer really useful. Gina Ford, though - crazy person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home