Monday, July 25, 2005

The Mermaids Singing

After a 10-hr sleep last night, I feel a bit more like my usual self today. Managed to get a chuck of the novel done, plus a shed load of cleaning, and also an hour-long walk (why is it that every time I get anywhere near Willesden, I get lost? Is there some sort of black hole that sucks you in and spits you out somewhere unfamiliar every time you get anywhere near it?!).

Have recently finished reading "The Mermaids Singing" by Val McDermid. If anyone has seen the tv series 'Wire in the Blood', that was based on some of her novels. The story was a gripping tale of a police inspector and a clinical psychologist profiler on the trail of a serial killer. It was brilliantly written, and I genuinely couldn't put it down. This is the first McDermid novel I've read, but it definitely won't be the last. Have just started Alan Bennett's "Three Stories", which is brilliant so far.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 pm, Anonymous Keris said...

I couldn't finish The Mermaids Singing - it was too gory and brutal for me (I'm squeamish), but I loved Killing The Shadows. It's inspired by the Moors Murders and it's unputdownable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home