Friday, July 15, 2005

Mememe

Another meme: [via]. Warning! personal "stuff" alert!

What I was doing 10 years ago....
In 1995 I was 18 and just starting university to do a psychology degree. On the down side, I got married in September 1995 to the bane of my life, so that wasn't such a happy time really. In 1995 I got my A-level results, and remember realising that I wasn't as infallible as I had previously thought (due to not getting the top grades I'd hoped for). Also in 1995 my eating started to go a bit haywire (probably due to a combination of all of the three above).

5 years ago......
In 2000 I was waitressing in a restaurant, a job which I hated. I felt that my life was going nowhere, eating problems had re-appeared yet again, all in all not a great year for me.

1 year ago......
Aah this is where it gets a bit better! Last year I was working in my first 'proper' job as a qualified nurse, money was coming in, I was pretty happy all round. Got married (again, yes I know!) to the spicy Kosovan after 7 years of being together, and started trying for a baby (and the rest, they say, is history ;op)

Yesterday.........
Yesterday I went to town to meet a friend I haven't seen for ages for lunch. Unfortunately she was held up in the hairdresser's for AGES, so we ended up having a sandwich in there (instead of the nice restaurants I had imagined!) and went for a coffee. She asked about my plans for the birth of the baby (including pain relief), and got a bit huffed when I said I was aiming for as little pain relief as possible. She said 'well I wanted an epidural and everything they could give me, and I don't think it makes me any less of a woman'... hmm touchy. So that was a bit of a conversation-stopper, and I made a sharp exit shortly afterwards.

5 snacks I enjoy
Bombay mix
black olives
cheese
BBQ flavour Pringles
cashew nuts

5 songs I know all the words to
"Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley
"In My Place" by Coldplay
"Let it Be" by the Beatles
"Stolen Car" by Beth Orton
"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

5 things I'd do with £100 million
Buy a swanky mansion in Hampstead / St Johns Wood
Buy a yacht
Me + hubby would give up working, I'd become a famous novelist, and he'd become a famous musician
Give some to charity (well with £100 million I guess you'd have to)
Give some to family + friends (only proper friends, mind! --> see answer above for 'yesterday')

5 locations I would like to run away to
Thailand
The Amalfi coast in Italy
Cornwall
Havana
Sveti Stefan in Montenegro

5 things I like doing
Reading
Writing
Eating ice-lollies
Walking in the park
Spending time with The Spicy One

5 TV shows I like
The news (yes, really)
Documentaries
Black Books
Never Mind the Buzzcocks
Page Turners

5 favorite toys
T'internet
my new DAB digital radio
mobile phone (only for texting)
dishwasher
dvd player

If you want to play along, either answer or add a link to your blog in the comments

4 Comments:

At 9:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I'll be your friend :^)...can I borrow a fiver :^)...

 
At 9:15 am, Blogger Storm Trooper said...

Remember me? Ha ha - I bet you don't.

 
At 7:19 pm, Blogger michelle said...

Should I remember you? you're not the Turkish Stalker are you??!

 
At 3:31 pm, Blogger billy said...

...and I've done this meme - although I did the original one which asked what you were doing 50 years ago :^)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home