Saturday, June 25, 2005

Curried seagull?

Soon to be returning to sunny London (on Monday), have just been taking it easy here the past couple of days. Spent most of yesterday on the sofa as I was just too tired to do anything much else. Am enjoying the Time Traveller's Wife, which is a very unusual concept for a general novel, but I think it works. Am about 160 pages in, and it's good so far.

And can I just say that there is no better food than chip-shop chips with curry sauce eaten on the sea-front.

Fab! Collection of short stories by Donna Tartt, Patricia Highsmith, and many more, from today's Guardian.

Interesting article about Ismail Kadare, the Albanian writer who won the International Man Booker Prize this year. I really should get some of his stuff out of the library, it looks quite interesting.

4 Comments:

At 1:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and I *hope* you had the chips from a shop that only uses veg oil not lard :^)...

...and the time traveller's wife...well, I won't say anything :^)...

 
At 1:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...that was me by the way...

billy

 
At 6:19 pm, Blogger michelle said...

Lard? ooh noooo!

What's wrong with The Time Traveller's Wife then??!

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger billy said...

...oh, it's great - I loved it...nothing wrong with it...just, **** **** **** *** **** * *** *** ** ******* ***** :^)...

(spoilers removed :^) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home