Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Summer Holiday

This time tomorrow we'll be on the way to Gatwick, as we're off to Kosova for 2 weeks R+R. Had a nice relaxing day yesterday, did a bit of cooking - made a courgette, leek and lemon risotto, with asparagus on top, served with a salad of rocket, avocado, black olives and sundried tomatoes, with a side dish of roasted butternut squash (can you tell I'm using up the stock of the fridge before I go away?!). T'was very yummy, if I say so myself. Especially the avocado, which I can't seem to stop eating at the moment (let's hope Kosova has a regular shipment!).

Book-watch: Have plumped for The Time Traveller's Wife, and either The American Boy or Cloud Atlas, whichever the library has on the shelf this morning (what to do if they have both tho??! OK, OK, I'll go for the American Boy!!) And I bet you any money that if I go to the library for opening time (about 9.30), that dodgy crackhead bloke will stop me in the street yet again with his 'hey lady, can you spare any change'... feck off. If I had the money to support anybody's crack habit, I'd be on it myself. Ask at your peril, crackhead blokie, or feel the wrath of the pregnancy hormones!

Weather-watch in Prishtina - looks to be hot and sunny, hurrah!

Right then, I'll sign off now, back online on the 16th June (if I can find my passport, that is).....

2 Comments:

At 9:28 pm, Anonymous Keris Stainton said...

Oh Michelle, I didn't realise you were going away; I would've wished you a lovely holiday!

I ate loads of avocado when I was preg too - very good for you. Pret does a lovely avocado wrap.

I loved, loved, loved The Time Traveller's Wife. Liked The American Boy and Cloud Atlas too and the Bill Bryson is amazing but takes a lot of concentration.

Hope you had a fabulous time!

 
At 9:54 pm, Anonymous billy said...

...you should be back :^)...hope all went well and you are still big and fat (in a good *big and fat* way)...

...did you bring us back a present???...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home