Monday, May 30, 2005

Man alive

Why oh why have I been up since 5am on a ruddy bank holiday?

As wednesday's holiday looms, the potentials for the holiday read list are perplexing me. A definite is The Time Traveller's Wife, but I am undecided as to which other book to take. Hitchhiker's Guide? Brick Lane? Short History of Nearly Everything? That Kate Adie book I've been meaning to read for ages? or something else? aargh. What to do?!

Had a rather productive first day of leisure yesterday, although it didn't get off to a terribly leisurely start. We had a tumble dryer delivered (yes! on a Sunday!) and due to the biggest space being next to the cooker, some industrial-style cleaning was in order before we could put it in position. After mucho scrubbing on me hands and knees (and much puffing and blowing!) said floor was sparkly bright, and the kitchen looks beautiful, if I do say so myself. Then went for lunch with a girl who I used to go to high school with, so it's been 12 years since we last saw each other. The meal's entertainment value was cranked up by the addition of a 'comedy waiter' - some poor bloke who was on a trial shift and trying way too hard. Think over-exaggerated arm movements at every word and you'd not even be close.

Also stumbled upon a rather good writing forum yesterday.

Sweet baby Moses. That fecking crazy frog tops the charts.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 am, Blogger billy said...

...I'm in the middle of time traveller's wife and am loving it :^)...

...as to what else you should take - I can't really help...my next three books are hopscotch by julio cortazr and 1610:a sundial in a grave by mary gentle and a suitable boy (but you know that :^) )...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home