Monday, January 10, 2005

A month of fabulousness

I'm back from the oblivion that was work. Urgh. On a more positive note, however, I now have four weeks' annual leave (hurrah!)... which is nice.

On Friday night I met up with an old friend and we went to the free 'Commuter Jazz' at the Royal Festival Hall. Very good music, packed full of people, and free, which is always a bonus. I will definitely be going again, and can't recommend it enough.

In other news, I have booked my place on the Guruji ashtanga yoga workshop here in London, in March. If you're interested, book soon, as I suspect the places will fill up pretty quick.

Unfortunately, have had to put the Count of Monte Cristo on hold until I have finished the Book Group Online January choice: The Plot Against America. Have already started it, and it looks pretty interesting so far. A bit outside my normal reading-range, and all the better for it.

Timeline of the Tsunami Disaster.

BBC plans new book club for daytime tv. Bit disappointing of their choice of authors to sit on the panel, couldn't they get anyone a bit more 'literary'?? I'd have like to have seen perhaps Will Self, Martin Amis, Hanif Kureishi, even Germaine Greer... all depends on the type of audience they're going for I suppose.

How the recent disaster will affect book publishing and reading.

Today's Albanian word is me kanë kundër: to be against

1 Comments:

At 2:29 pm, Blogger billy said...

...a month!!!!...

...hate you :^P...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home