Monday, July 05, 2004

Woke up early (mainly due to having a cold), and after a quick flick through the fabulous Karma Cookbook decided to have a walk down to Portobello Road. The proper market's not on today, but they have a fantastic Health Food Shop ("Portobello Wholefoods") so I stocked up on healthy ingredients like couscous, lentils, oats, sea vegetables and seeds (sounds exciting eh?! hehe). The shop was surpsingly busy considering it was a Monday morning... obviously that's when the healthy hippy people shop.

So I came home and had some yummy sourdough bread with honey on, and some "Bancha Tea"... this was entirely new to me, and after reading about it's digestive benefits in the Karma Cookbook, I decided to give it a go. Now, the sceptics among you might think that three quid for a bag of twigs is having a larf... but it actually taste pretty ok. Basically you just boil up a few of the twigs in a pan, and strain it, and bingo.. instant healthy tea. I did think that it was going to be disgusting, but actually it's fine. It could do with a bit of sugar in it, but since that's a macro no-no, I managed to do without. Maybe it'd be good with lemon...

For anyone who's interested, I found a macro forum on the net...so you can now meet other lentil-lovers!

Anyway, aside from trying to fight the cold with my bird-seed hippy food, I am just trying to plan an essay today, and generally take it easy and fight the cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home