Sunday, April 04, 2004

Well, I've started. Studying, that is. It feels weird, I must say, but strangely satisfying. As the rain lashed down from the dull, grey sky, I took my notes, under the glare of the desk-lamp. The necessary Diet Coke on the side. It's quite heavy-going, all about the philosophy of social science, and it's quite some time since I had to read anything quite like it. The nursing course I did, whilst postgraduate, wasn't quite the mental challenge I'd hoped for. So it's a good six years since I have read anything along these lines. All very interesting tho. I must say, I only lasted 1hr 20mins... and I am supposed to be doing 15hrs a week. Oh well... maybe it'll just take me a while to get back into the swing of things. Funny how I can read peoples' blogs for ages, but when it comes to really reading something, it's more difficult!

Plus I need to finish that Sylvia Plath book by the end of the week... it's massive, and I don't really want to cart it halfway around the world just to read the last twenty pages if I can help it. I have about 200pgs to go, so its manageable... no wonder my brain's mashed up, what with all this studying, reading and Albanian words to boot... I need to have a lie-down in a darkened room! I was watching "Airline" earlier, and after seeing all those people stranded in the airport for days on end, the great holiday reading debate is beginning to make my brain hurt! I see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is on later.. that ought to sort me out.

Today's Albanian word is darsem which means wedding [which we are going to in Kosova on the 18th!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home