Thursday, February 26, 2004

[rant]
Managed to talk to my mum on the phone last night for 1hr 20mins (our record so far!)... hot topic of debate was the teaching of religion in schools [I must point out that my mum is very religious, and I am not]. I remember the recent hoo-har about the proposal to teach atheism in schools, and to be honest I think they should just do away with religious education in schools altogether. I plump for teaching philosophy in schools instead, maybe that way we'd have a younger generation [do I sound old yet?] who can articulate a proper argument and actually think logically about things, rather than the one word anthem of "innit". And now I've started, I am dead against all these proposals to make education in schools "more vocational"... whilst a classical education may not be the most 'fun', I think it's definitely the most beneficial for 'developing the mind' and providing a general education. To me, vocational education is just another way of dumbing-down our culture and population. There, I feel better now!
[/rant]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home