Monday, January 05, 2004

Career Epiphany!

Well, after much thinking and indecision over the last 9 months or so about what I really want to do with my life... I have decided to just try to go for the clinical psychology. I have nothing to lose, and always have my nursing to fall back on if it all doesn't work out. I am enjoying nursing so far, but even before I qualified, I just felt that it's not "me", or what I want to do forever, and I would rather try to use the psychology degre I've already done. Clinical Psychology is nototiously difficult to get into, but I feel that if I don't at least give it a try, then I may end up regretting it. Spent a lot fo last night (when I was supposed to be doing a wardrobe overhaul, but hey what's more important?!) e-mailing various psychologists and asking for advice on what step I should make next (do a MSc or do some voluntary work or whatever) to try to get an assistant psychologists' job and then apply for the course after that. One kind lady has replied, and I am trying to ring her to make an appointment so that she can have a look at my CV and we can plan to "fill in the gaps". She also said she might have some voluntary work going. Marvellous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home