Saturday, September 20, 2003

Good luck to anyone doing the Great North Run tomorrow - I did it 4 years ago in 1999, although it nearly killed me! I felt fine immediately afterwards (well a bit tired!) but then I think we didn't sit for long enough after the race and tried to travel home too soon. I had to get off the bus because I almost fainted! How embarrassing! Shame, because I pretty much gave up running after that. I used to like my running, used to run home from work in North Finchley to Queen's Park (about ?7 miles) about 3 or 4 times a week, and would cycle to work the other days. I did all sorts of races and stuff, but the Great North Run was the longest and biggest. I always wanted to do the London Marathon, but kind of got scared after the fainty experience...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home