Sunday, August 24, 2003

Went to an Asian wedding today (my first), one of my mates from the nursing course. The "wedding" wasn't a ceremony or anything...just a nice curry and then a big photo opportunity. Funny to see my mate pretending to be well-behaved and 'modest', always looking at the floor, as normally at college she's always cracking jokes and laughing. Everyone there looked fabulous - all beads and sparkles.. I felt very plain Jane! My feet are killing me now as I had my pointy boots on (from Jigsaw!) and I haven't worn heels for ages. All in all a very civilised (and booze free!), totally different experience to the usual British dad-dancing-in-his-cardigan-to-ABBA ritual I am used to. But what's a wedding without a bit of ABBA?? Bizarrely I have another Asian wedding to go to in one month, which will be a bit different to the one today as it's on a boat on the Thames, which will be nice. Anyway.. I'm off to make up for the afternoon's lack of alcohol, and have a few glasses of wine...

Til tomorrow readers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home